• The company’s new head office and start of reconstruction
For some time now, our old office had been feeling a little crowded and so we were forced to look for a new base, despite the more than favourable environment, location and relations at the old one. It seems we found a new refuge in Brno on Kšírova – near the intersection with Vodařská. Reconstruction has begun with completion scheduled in May 2013. We believe that on completion, our new office will open up new sales opportunities, such as an expansion of our e-shop.
• WWTP Ivančice, landfill in Šlapanice, ABB
Among the projects carried out by the IA Department, three seem to stand out the most. These were the WWTP in Ivančice, the WWTP for the landfill in Šlapanice, and ABB projects, where we provided various water treatment technologies .
• Growth of research group (initiation and organization of joint projects), winning several research projects, publication, production of prototypes ... The Research Department was successful in winning a number of projects, as well as in terms of realized outputs that could be the envy of many renowned research organizations (accepted contributions at conferences, articles in recognized journals, prototypes – nano-reactor, completely new areas of research ...).
• Web pages ( “Zlatý@TZB-info” award), webinars – organization/implementation.
The Marketing Department can boast an award for our website, which, more than its graphic design, etc., expresses the amount of effort dedicated to training, seminars, and webinars – in the other words, customer service.
• The creation of strong potential in Croatia, realization of a WWTP in Lithuania
The Foreign Trade Department has seen a considerable increase in the export of technological units, not only for already completed projects (especially in the Baltic States), but has also created new ground for possible sales in the future (the Balkans, especially Croatia). • Quick adaption of new employees, who were almost immediately able to take on a full workload All of the achievements mentioned above would not have been possible without new employees and their willingness to fully participate in ongoing projects. New faces:
• An increase in sales of the WWTP AS-VARIOcomp N and AS-FAKU with automatic operation and the preparation of new products for sale Despite the financial crisis, there was an increase in the number of inquiries and some piece products recorded an increase in turnover in the Czech Republic. At the same time, it was and continues to be essential to develop and prepare new products – products ready for sale include products for RWM ( AS-AKU FILTR ), an innovative technology for the use of rainwater (elements of the INTEWA system) and our own new gray-water recycling technology using membranes.
• Aeration towers at a dam, a number of innovations, the ability to agitate a lake with a volume of 12 million cubic meters, and receipt of the IWA award The project aimed at suppressing the growth of cyanobacteria at the Brno Dam (Priglu) continued. Part of the project, including our task which was to demonstrate sustainability, was fulfilled and, despite a few “scary” moments, the dam remained suitable for recreation. We even symbolically celebrated the end of the year there by rolling a wheel (Brno Wheel) around the dam.
Generally speaking ... a lot has happened and there have been many memorable moments. Above all, we have managed to increase the company’s potential, and now it’s time to transform that potential into some profitable projects.
Ing. Milan Uher